Incidental Exercise Can Help!
Running around children or simply moving your booty around the house burns energy; not a lot, but add these Lateral / Side Leg Raises and you're on your way to making a difference to your waistline and wellness.
Do these Lateral / Side Leg Raises while at the kitchen bench preparing food or during the commercial break of Game of Thrones.
Lateral Side Leg Raises
Works your hip abductors, (gluteals and outer thigh)
THAT'S A TIGHT BUTT AND SLIM THIGH LADIES!
- Lift your left leg straight out to the side until your foot is as high as you can lift it off the floor, (you’ll improve over time) and hold for a few seconds and return to floor;
- Engage your core muscles to ensure that your torso is erect throughout the movement, and have ‘soft knees’, (slight bend in knee) on the leg supporting your weight;
- Repeat the movement for 12 repetitions;
- Repeat on right leg;
- Aim for a minimum of 3 set - and that's each time you're at the kitchen bench...and for us Mums that near on every 15 minutes!
- Add a resistance band to make this exercise even more effective!
I guarantee you that pumping up your incidental exercise will make a difference to maintaining a healthy, strong body all while combating those sneaky kilograms creep their way onto your hips, waistline and butt!