MacKenzie Frizzell's Whole Life Challenge Recipe Entry
Here is my recipe. It's super easy and is really tasty. I usually make it at least once a week and Abbie loves it so kid approved!
The recipe is from Danielle Walkers Against All Grain cool book. She's the best! This suits the performance level WLC.
Ginger Chicken and Broccoli
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
3 pounds chicken thighs, cubed
1 cup coconut Aminos
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 large egg yolks
1. Heat coconut oil in wok or deep skillet over med-high heat.
2. Add ginger, garlic stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
3. Add broccoli florets and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes, until broccoli is bright green.
4. Transfer vegetables to plate and return pan to burner with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
5. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
6. Using a slotted spoon transfer chicken to veggie plate. Return wok to burner and add 1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken stock.
7. Pour in coconut Aminos, sesame oil, and salt. Bring to a simmer.
8. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Temper the yolks by slowly pouring in 1/2 cup of the hot sauce while whisking constantly.
9. Pour egg yolk mixture into the hot pan, then stir constantly for 3 minutes to thicken.
10. Add chicken and veggies back to work and stir to coat. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes, until chicken and broccoli are fully cooked.