So Simple yet so divine!
Whole Life Challenge compliant at every level!
Baked Beurré Bosc - ingredients will be posted on my blog in a few days. Stay tuned.
- 5 Beurre Bosc pears, washed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 Vanilla beans, (you can also use vanilla bean paste, I chose not to as it has sugar in it albeit not a lot. In the past when I've used vanilla bean paste I usually smear a little dollop atop each halved pear)
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut each pear in half, using a mellon baller or teaspoon remove core, place pears core up in baking dish. I like to use a nicely clean ceramic dish (I'll tell you why later).
- Cut the vanilla bean through the middle to expose the beans, using a flat knife (the old school butter knives are the best) scrape out the beans and smear some atop of each pear. If you're using vanilla bean paste, dollop a small amount (the size of half your small finger nail) into the hole of the core.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Splash with date syrup and pour a little in the bottom of the dish.
- Place in oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes or until they're cooked to your liking.
These are amazing eaten straight from the over while still hot, and I love them served for breakfast floating atop my Nutty Granola
A square of dark chocolate popped on top while still hot would surely be a crowd pleaser.